Yoga, Meditation, and Mindfulness for Adolescents wit Gökçe Akyıldız
No previous yoga experience is required. It is open to all adolescents between the ages 12 - 15.
December, 21 Saturday 10:30-12.00
Price : 80 TL
Teenagers may feel more stressed due to the major changes brought by adolescence as well as the pressure caused by the education and examination system.
Important factors that rise their stress level result from dilemmas experienced by adolescents, at school, in their friendships as well as changes in their hormones, the development of their personalities, the decisions they need to make about their future, especially about their choice of profession, and increasing responsibilities.
Yoga and meditation are both an effective tool for adolescents and teenagers to cope with the negative effects of stress, anxiety, anger, and fear that arise out of such circumstances.
In this workshop we will focus specifically on the following topics:
• To improve their lung capacity through breathing exercises, to contribute to better nutrition of their physical bodies with oxygen, to ensure & strengthen the right breathing;
• To ensure that correct breathing exercises, breathing techniques, and yoga exercises minimize students’ excitement, anxiety, and stress about exams;
• To minimize students’ attention deficit & concentration impairment while increasing their focus;
• To help students be peaceful, have high self-confidence, manage self-control, and control emotions such as anger, anxiety, and fear as well as use and direct their energy correctly;
• To reinforce confidence in all their relationships through breathing exercises and paired yoga practice;
• To help them control anger and stress through breathing techniques;
• To help them be mindful towards nature and respect the environment;
• To develop their physical intelligence and emotional skills;
• To develop their creativity; to increase their balance and flexibility;
• To minimize sleep disorders;
• To ensure they have individual and social awareness.
Mindfulness is to be able to pay attention to whatever is happening at the moment, without judgment and trying to change anything.
It means being in ‘now’ and ‘here’ without suppressing anything and holding onto anything.
Mindfulness begins by observing the movement of your breath and directing your attention here by focusing on it.
And when you pay attention to the movement of the breath, you are now in the ‘moment’.
And at the same time, this observation of the body, feelings, thoughts, and the mind stops the automatic pilot and directs the person to his/her ‘inner’ world.
During this workshop, which will be supported with Mindfulness-based practices, adolescents will have fun while they are also introduced to various breathing and relaxation techniques.